积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖优秀斑竹奖

发表于 2011-5-3 21:32:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 老贝 于 2011-5-3 21:42 编辑

Bear Grylls, Host of Man vs. Wild
I'm a Runner: Bear Grylls
The sixth season of Man vs. Wild tests Grylls's survival skills in remote areas of Arizona, Scotland, and Borneo.
By Nancy Averett
Image by John Hicks
From the May 2011 issue of Runner's World

Residence: Abersoch, U.K.

How did you get started running?In the military. In the British Special Air Service, combat fitness is all about running. We would go until we ended up vomiting on the side of the road. Once I left the military, I gave up running for a while. It took me a while to realize it doesn't have to be like that. Running can be a great therapeutic way of training. These days I push myself hard, but I also slow down and take it easy sometimes. It doesn't have to be full-on hard all the time.

When did you get back into running?After the military, I spent a year being really unhealthy, not exercising. I got back into running when I was offered my first commercial [for Degree deodorant]. I thought, If I'm going to have to take my shirt off, I'd better start doing sit-ups and start running.
Later, I got my first TV series [Escape to the Legion], which was about basic training for the French Foreign Legion out in the desert of North Africa. During that time, running was a part of everyday life. We were running two or three times a day. We always had to wear these terrible thin-soled pumps [sneakers]. We had horrific blisters. I just remember these blood-soaked white pumps [sneakers].

What is your routine like these days?Now I really enjoy running. We live in a pretty hilly area in North Wales, and I run three times a week for about 40 minutes as part of my training. Bruce Lee once said running is the king of all exercises, and he was right. It's kind of a staple. I also do circuit-training and yoga.

Do you run alone?I usually run with my dog, a Labrador, and we're getting a new puppy, an English springer spaniel. She's going to be a crazy runner, that one. I think it's fun running with dogs. They're always so fit and fast. Sometimes, I take my kids and go off on this great cross-country run. My oldest son, Jesse, who's 7, drives this little motorized quad bike [ATV] and the middle one, Marmaduke, clings onto his waist. And they bump along these paths through the woods while I run and we kind of chat. Then I'll stop and do sit-ups, and they'll just chill and chat. I really love that. I like to time my run for when they get back from school. It's fun with the dogs and them.

What about your youngest son, [2-year-old] Huckleberry?Sometimes, if the others are at school, I'll run with Huckleberry on my shoulders. It's like having on a heavy daypack. I run along and he's up there, head bobbing. My wife will say, "That's not healthy for his head!" I did that with all my sons when they were little. I'd take them on my shoulders and go for runs.

Does your wife run?She says the area is too hilly. I tell her to walk fast up the hills and run down. But she kind of gets discouraged. She said maybe she'd buy a treadmill, and I was like, "What do you mean? We live surrounded by this beautiful countryside!"

Will you encourage your sons to run when they're old enough?Yes. I did my first run with my eldest the other day. He's pretty damn heavy now—he's 7—but I carried him piggyback while I ran for maybe 15 minutes, then I set him down and he'd jog for a while. Then when he got tired of running, I'd carry him piggyback again. By the end he was pretty proud that he'd done a run with me.

Do you listen to music?Sometimes. My kids keep putting songs on my iPod. Sometimes I'll be running along and some pirate song will come on. I quite like it, though. It makes me laugh.

Do you ever get recognized when you're out running?Occasionally. I just kind of wave and be polite and keep running. When I'm at home, my neighbors will lean on a gatepost and want to chat. I always say, "Listen I've got to keep going, but we'll chat later."

You broke your back in a parachuting accident when you were 22, and you've said it was your fitness level that saved you from having your vertebrae fused. Were you running then?I think the fact that I was fit was part of it. But an awful bigger part was luck. I missed severing my spinal cord by a millimeter. But I was helped by the fact that I was young and fit. I also got amazing health-care through the military. I was getting eight to 10 hours a day of physiology, whereas most people who are injured go maybe one hour a week. So that's really what helped me get back on my feet

You still have back pain; does it affect your running?It's weird. Exercise helps my back. If I don't exercise, that's when it starts to hurt. The pain is a good motivator to run and exercise. I'm convinced the key to my recovery has been movement, slowly working out, getting the blood flowing. I'm lucky, in a sense, that when my back starts to hurt, I know it's time to exercise.

I read you did a lot of running to get ready for climbing Mt. Everest. What was your routine?To get ready to climb Everest, I did a lot of hill running with a daypack on and a lot of underwater swimming. I would swim a couple of lengths underwater and then a couple above. It gets your body going with limited oxygen. There's no magic to running far or climbing Everest. Endurance is mental strength. It's all about heart. It's about having balls.

Do you run in the remote places that you go to when you're filming Man vs. Wild?When we're filming Man vs. Wild, it seems like we're always running. Once we were filming in Siberia. It was minus 40 degrees, and we were out running in these massive down snowsuits and parkas. It was a funny sight. Another time, I was on a desert island in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I would get up in the morning and run round and round this tiny little island. I get to run in amazing places, but I still love to get out on a familiar home route.

Have you run any marathons?I ran the 2003 London Marathon in a ball gown and a wig to raise money for multiple sclerosis. My wife's dad died of MS that year. The costume weighed almost as much as me. It was this heavy ball gown and a three-foot-high wig. I got really bad chafing from the dress, and every time I lifted it up to apply Vaseline, the crowd went "Woo!" It took me ages to finish [4:30].

Since you're known for eating unusual things, have you found any treats in the wild that seem to be good for pre- or postrun?The show is about survival, so I've eaten things like sheep's eyeballs, maggots, and grubs, but I don't do that at home. Some of this "food" has protein and will give you a boost, but that's desperation, survival food. That doesn't necessarily mean they're good for you or you need to eat them when you're back home. I don't normally finish a run and look for a worm. I look for fruits or nuts. You have to put the good stuff into your body when you're training.

I hear you're into barefoot running. How did that come about?I was hanging out with these freerunners [Parkour enthusiasts] and we were running and taking these big jumps off of 15-foot concrete walls. I noticed they weren't wearing cushioned [running shoes] and that surprised me. But they said they felt it was more important to learn how to use your body to land softly. That opened my eyes to the idea of running barefoot. Now, I love running barefoot and in minimal trainers. It's changed the whole way I run—away from heel-striking to a much more sensitive, nimble, intuitive, kid's style of running. It feels weird at first and I got very stiff calves, but after a while I found my times were faster and the impact on my joints was much less.

我粗粗翻译了下,不妥之处望指正。首次有冲动翻译东西,没想到读起来容易,翻译还真费劲,花了比想象多得多的时间。。。

我是跑者——贝尔

职业:荒野求生 主持人
年龄:36
居住地:Abersoch 英国

你是如何开始跑步的?军队服役的时候,我在英国空军特种部队,作战训练都涉及到跑步。我们常常训练到在路边呕吐时才算结束。我离开军队后,不跑了一段时间。这期间,我认识到完全没必要跑到那种程度。跑步是一种很好的训练辅助手段。现在,我会努力去跑,但是有时候会把速度降下来,只是随意跑一下,没必要总是全力以赴。

什么时候你重新开始跑步了?退役后的一年,我放任自己,完全没有任何锻炼。直到有机会出演我的第一个商业性广告——Degree除臭剂(???)。我当时琢磨,如果需要我脱去衬衫,那么最好马上开始做仰卧起坐和跑步。。。不久后,我开始后做第一档电视系列节目(Escape to the Legion),其中涉及到一些基础训练,法国外国志愿军需借此此来走出北非的沙漠。那个时候,跑步是每天生活的一部分。我们每天都会跑两到三次,而且穿着糟糕的薄底橡胶运动鞋,脚上又会可怕的血泡,我记得白色的运动鞋被脓血浸透。

你现在日常的锻炼都做些什么?我现在很喜欢跑步。我们住在北威尔士的丘陵地区,我每周会跑三次,每次大约40分钟,作为我训练的一部分。李小龙曾曰——跑乃诸练之王!他是对的。奔跑是所有运动的基础。另外,我也会做些循环训练和瑜伽。

你是一个人跑么?我常常和我的狗一起跑,一条拉布拉多,现在刚刚有了新伙伴,一条英格兰斯伯林格斯班尼小狗,她是真正疯狂的跑者。和狗一起跑非常有趣,它们总会有一阵跑得很快。有时候,我会和孩子们进行越野跑。7岁的大儿子Jesse会开着他的小摩托四轮车,二儿子Marmaduke会抱着他哥的腰。他们颠簸在森林的小道上陪着我跑,我们一路开心的聊天。而后我会停下来做仰卧起坐,他们会感到扫兴。我太喜欢这样子了。所以我会把跑步的时间安排在他们放学回来之后。跟小狗和孩子们一起跑的感觉好极了。

那么你最小的儿子呢?两岁的Huckleberry有时候,当其他两个在上学,我就会和Huckleberry一起去跑,让他骑在我肩上。我就把他当负重。我跑的时候,他在上面,头随着晃动。我妻子就会吼:“那样对他的头不好!”但是那两个孩子小的时候,我也是这么干的。

你妻子跑步么?她嫌这个地区山坡太多了。我告诉她可以快速的走上坡然后跑下来。但是她对此有些气馁,说不如买个跑步机吧,我愕然:”你说什么?我们可是住在如此美丽的乡间呐!“

你会鼓励你的儿子长大后去跑步么?当然。前几天我刚刚和最大的儿子第一次同跑。他现在很重了,尽管才7岁,我背着他跑了15分钟,然后放下来让他自己慢跑。等他跑累了,我再把他背上。末了,他对和我一同跑感到非常自豪。

你跑的时候听音乐么?有时候罢。我的孩子总会在我的iPod里放些歌。有时候我会边跑边听一些改编了的歌曲,它们会让人发笑,我很喜欢。

当你在外面跑的时候会被认出来么?偶尔。我会友好的挥手,打招呼,并继续跑。当我跑过家附近时,邻居会靠在门栏上想和我聊天,我总是会对他说:”嘿,我要继续跑,等我回来时再聊。“

你在22岁时的一次跳伞事故中摔伤了背部,你曾说过是你强健的身体素质挽救了你,不至于脊椎断裂。我认为身体强健是一部分原因,但最最大的原因绝对是运气。只差一毫米,我的脊髓就要被切断。但是我恢复了,因为年轻并且强健,并且在军队里得到一流的康复治疗。我每天都会接受8-10小时的理疗,而绝大多数受伤的普通人可能只是每周接受1小时的治疗。正因为如此,才让我恢复健康。

你的背部还痛么?这影响你跑步么?不可思议,正是锻炼帮我的背恢复。如果我没锻炼,它就会有不适感。所以对跑步和锻炼来说,这是个很好动机。我坚信,康复需要适当的运动,慢慢的锻炼,让气血通畅。我是幸运的,从某种意义上来说,当我的背开始隐隐作痛,我知道是时候做些锻炼了。

我了解到你在准备攀登珠穆朗玛峰时作了很多跑步运动。你是如何来准备的呢?为了攀登珠穆朗玛峰,我进行了相当多的山坡跑训练,背着负重,还有大量的潜泳。我会游几趟潜泳然后几趟换气的。这让身体习惯缺氧的状态。对于想要跑得更远或是攀登珠峰来说没有捷径。耐力是精神的力量,它是决心,它需要勇气。

你录制荒野求生时,在那些偏远之地还会跑么?在我们录节目时,似乎总在跑啊。有次在西伯利亚,零下40度,我们穿着厚重的防雪大衣在户外跑,那是一目有趣的情景。还有一次,我身处印度洋中的一个荒岛,早上起来就一圈圈绕着这个小岛跑。我会在各种地方跑,但还是喜欢家附近熟悉的线路。

你跑过马拉松么?我跑了2003年的伦敦马拉松,当时穿着搞怪的礼服,带着假发,为多发性硬化症患者筹集善款。我的岳父在那年因患这种疾病而去世。这套装束的重量和我体重差不多,而假发有三英尺高。身体和服装之间的摩擦很严重,每次当我抬起它涂凡士林的时候,人群中总会爆发出“Woo!”。我花了很长时间才完成,四个半小时。

大家都知道你吃过些不寻常的东西,你有没有发现在野外会有哪些食物适合在运动前后吃?那个节目的主题是求生,所以我必须吃些东西,像羊的眼球,蛆,昆虫幼虫等,但是,在家的时候我从不干这样的事。此类食物含蛋白质,会提供能量,但这绝对是为了生存而逼不得已咽下的食物。通常来说,我不会在跑完步后去找一条蠕虫来吃。我会吃水果和坚果。当你完成训练时,必需摄入些好东西。

我听说你开始赤脚跑步。是如何转变的呢?我曾经和跑酷一族在一起,跑啊,从15英尺高的水泥墙上跳下来。我留意到他们不穿有缓冲功能的跑鞋,这让我吃惊。
他们认为学会如何使身体轻柔的着地非常重要。这让我认识到赤脚跑步的主意不错。现在,我习惯赤脚跑步,或穿最轻薄的软底鞋。赤脚跑完全改变了我跑步的方式——摒弃了从后脚跟着地式,到更轻盈的,灵巧的,本能的孩童式跑法。刚开始我感到很费劲,特别是小腿僵硬,但经过一段时间后,我发觉触地频率变快,而关节受到的冲击变得非常小。

主题

帖子

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖优秀斑竹奖

楼主| 发表于 2011-5-3 22:14:30 | 显示全部楼层
经朋友高翻指点  Degree deodorant 中应为 香氛,其实一个意思,委婉的说法。。。。

不过香氛第一次听说,于是查了下: 同一香型的香氛和香水味道大体一致,香氛只有一个味道,而香水的原料最精细,味道也最特别,分为前味、中味和后味。香氛多用于止汗和遮蔽汗味,适用于运动和一般场合
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 20:43