帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
发表于 2009-6-7 20:44:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
During last night dinner there was complaint that Mei Mei is not contributing enough to this english forum despite the fact that I am writing so much junk everyday in local language forum.  It was rightfuly pointed out that for me it is easier to type in English than writing in chinese. Well this is exactly the problem after I have written the chinese stories I have no time left. Anyway I am one who is always trying to please specialy  the request come from a  lady.
So let me start with the Dophi -interval running games day. I call it games day as it really is a fun day for everybody.  From those running for fun and health to those die hard semi professional serious runners. It allow runners from 7 minutes per k pace to 3 min per k pace to participate and contribute points to their team.  The event are well organised and we were also blessed with beautiful weather.  Though Yiqipao won the team event, it was by no mean easy. It still need quite a bit of planning and understood well the ability of each member.  Of course it also need the dedication and support from  members - 36 runners plus many supporters to come so far away to this Stadium in Minhang, a good 2 hours trip by public transport from the city. So well done Captain!
For me it is always the  chance to meet  new members, catch up with the old and to cheers each other on and the dinners after that excited me. Looking forward to the next one!

主题

帖子

积分

Lv3 初中生

积分
发表于 2009-6-8 13:08:12 | 显示全部楼层
that's the real purpose of such event that people old and new get together.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖特殊贡献奖宣传大使奖

QQ
发表于 2009-6-8 14:01:24 | 显示全部楼层
Congratulations for Mei Mei's running diary of English edition!

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

论坛人气奖

发表于 2009-6-8 14:14:14 | 显示全部楼层
Mei Mei buddy, glad to see you back. Thank you for your sharing and continuing cheering us up. Ha ha, it was a small suggestion, not compaint. On Saturday, we all had a good time whether we won the championship or not. Yiqipao pals left us a nice memory to recall in the future. It came from such a wonder group of people and great leadership from our Captain, let alone Mei Mei's charm and chrisma that added enough atmosphere to lift up the spirit for the group.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-8 22:04:39 | 显示全部楼层
Have not run with my neighbour and Ex-Singapore running friend- Charle  for a while. Since I felt quite good already this afternoon and decided to go for a short run this evening, so I sms him to see if he is around.  " I am in  this whole month" was the reply. Great, set to meet at 6 pm and off we go. Since the sun is setting late we decided to run along the small river along Heisong road, a few minutes run from our place. Charle is a few years younger than me and was a well trained runner in his hay day. He and me has quite similar pace now so it is always nice running with him ( we finsihed the Nike 10 k last year almost together). He was just back from a few weeks trip to the state and managed to have regular training there with one of his old running mates. That means he is in shape. As usual we were chatting a bit for the first few k and as we warmed up the pace was getting faster to a point that I can bearly talk.  We managed 9.5 km and the feeling was good. As we slowed down, Charle suggest a few  10 meters stride with toe down first  to train our form for speed. Actualy I found that quite hard as my heart was pumping much more than the 10 km run.  Charle will join us for a run tomorrow around century park as well as thursday night speed work at the Chinese medicine Unversity track. Am looking forward to.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

论坛人气奖

发表于 2009-6-9 08:48:09 | 显示全部楼层
Hope we have not made you work too much to keep a bilingual version of your running journals. Thank you for sharing.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-9 09:11:46 | 显示全部楼层
Hope we have not made you work too much to keep a bilingual version of your running journals. Thank you for sharing.
suesu 发表于 2009-6-9 08:48

No problem, hard working is my cup of tea, haha, at least what I  have claimed to my boss.

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-9 09:15:22 | 显示全部楼层
Forgot to report that I found out last night  Charlie is the foreigner that one of our younger members PK last thursday night around Century park. Haha, I think Charlie is much faster and can run much further than that member, so don't bully the foreigner with your youth!!!

主题

帖子

1万

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖勤劳奉献奖论坛人气奖特殊贡献奖

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2009-6-9 22:11:42 | 显示全部楼层
Running in the rain for me is nothing special in summer. Rain or sweat your body would be wet either way. Anyway,  having missed the last few weeks training, was looking forward for the Yiqipao run around Century Park tonight. Unfortunately the rainy day spoiled the fun and as expected could not find anybody except our captain who also quit after 1 round as the rain getting heavier leaving poor MM along at gate 7. Century Park is quite peaceful tonight with  much less occasional hon from the motor cyclist. Didnot see a single running soul and after 2 round decided to go home too. In total a 20 k relaxing run.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv4 高中生

积分

坚持跑记奖

发表于 2009-6-9 22:35:02 | 显示全部楼层
Running 20K in heavy rain, Wow........Incredible......
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 09:22