::一起跑::

找回密码
 注册一起跑

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

查看: 3095|回复: 1

[约跑] 净成绩(net time or chip time)和比赛成绩(gun time)

[复制链接]

主题

帖子

积分

Lv1 学前班

积分
发表于 2009-12-2 11:48:19 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
今天在runnersworld.com看到一篇介绍净成绩(net time or chip time)和比赛成绩(gun time)的文章,想必对各位有用。

Chip Time vs. Gun Time: Who Decides?
I always assumed that races were won on chip time, so when I started slowing down as the years went on, I moved more to the middle of the pack assuming that my chip time would be enough. When I later learned that gun time was actually being based for the awards, I saw that I actually lost some awards in my age group because - though I won via chip time - the awards were based on gun time.  How do race directors choose gun time over chip time? I understand for big races wanting to have a "ribbon" to break, but I would think in small races that wouldn't be an issue. - Michelle

Good question, Michelle.  For championship races sanctioned by USA Track & Field and for prize money awards, gun time is the required basis for results and rankings.  For non-championship races, either gun time or chip time may be used; it's up to the race director.

Most, but certainly not all, races use gun times to time and score the open or overall winners while using net (chip) times to time and score everyone else in the race and for age group awards.  Given the availability of chip technology today and the immense size of some race fields, this certainly makes sense.

For those lined up well behind the starting line, using net time is arguably the fairest way to time and score them.  There are some traditionalists who argue that all awards should be based on gun time (head-to-head competition) and not net time.  Today, however, this method seems more like the exception than the rule.  Net time allows competitive runners to line up based on their expected pace rather than being forced to elbow their way closer to the starting line.

It is important for the race director to establish scoring methods well in advance and to communicate this on all of their entry materials so that potential entrants know what to expect.  Unfortunately, this information is not always easily found on event web sites or in the weekend event guides.  Bottom line: Check with the event web site and/or the race staff well in advance to obtain clarification on what method(s) will be used to score the race.

Dave McGillivray

Have a question for Ask the Race Director? E-mail racedirector@rodale.com. NOTE: Due to the volume of mail, we regret that we cannot answer every e-mail.

主题

帖子

积分

Lv5 大学生

积分

坚持跑记奖优秀斑竹奖

发表于 2009-12-2 17:58:29 | 显示全部楼层
一个是传统,有待改进
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册一起跑

本版积分规则

一起跑永远是个开放、免费的平台,因为我们想感恩帮助过我们的跑友,感恩我们拥有的一切。

小黑屋|手机版|一起跑